Thursday, May 6, 2010

Genetically Engineered Foods

I am more than a little nervous about possible negative affects of genetically engineered food. I try to eat organically with as little processed food as possible, but I am lazy at times and I have some favourite comfort foods. In today's Vancouver Sun, I just learned that I will have to eliminate two of my fast and easy comfort foods - Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix and canned Heinz Brown Sugar and Bacon Beans. The beans of course are high in calories but the pancakes were one of my 4 point weight watcher breakfasts. I will be sorry to see that one go.

Green Peace has a shopper guide to GMO foods (Click on the "click here" in the middle of a white fairly blank page):



The guide is colour coded:

green - Good

yellow - Working to Remove GMO's

red - Genetically Modified



At least now I have a reference point and can start to shop a little smarter.


No comments:

Post a Comment