Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Secret


Oprah had a show with Rhonda Byrne discussing her book some time back but unfortunately I missed it. This book has been on the best seller list for a long time but I only had the opportunity to read it this past week (after I found it on my daughter's bookshelf).

As probably everyone knows, The Secret discusses the Law of Attraction and the benefits of positive thinking through a series of quotations from many people, past and present, who have embraced the new age thought process. Thoughts have energy and consequences. We can control our thoughts. If we think good things, good things will happen to us.

I love the quote attributed to Henry Ford, and often voiced by our Weight Watcher Leader, "Whether you think can or you think you can't, either way you are right".

This book is definitely an upper - well worth reading.

3 comments:

  1. I've got this on my book list but so far I haven't read it. It has an intriguing title and a lovely cover, but what is between the covers? I have yet to find out. Did you enjoy it? I think so, otherwise you wouldn't give it an 'upper' rating, I guess.
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Star, I did enjoy it. It is quite positive and upbeat. I reminded me of Norman Vincent Peale's "The Power of Positive Thinking" which I read a gazilion years ago. It was energizing in that way. I think you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should check out the original website that this book bases its premise on. It is MUCH better. Find it here:

    http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php

    ReplyDelete