Thursday, June 10, 2010

Deck Trees and Garden June 1st

All twelve of my cedar trees/shrubs survived the winter.  Last fall, I purchased and transplanted these trees to form a screen from my neighbours.   As they were end-of-season cast-offs, I was not entirely sure if many of them would survive.   Luckily, all of them are showing some new growth.  It even looks as if the smallest ones (the three yellow ones in the top row) need transplanting again.




Unfortunately my garden plot is not doing so well.  We have had a cold and wet Spring.  I have just replanted squash, cucumbers and zucchini seed after my transplants withered.  So far this year, I have had only a few radish, some rhubarb and chives.   My beets tops are almost ready to thin and eat.  I do have lots of garlic and spinach but have not been eating either lately. 
And, my six year old, well worn camera seems to be giving up the ghost.  I can't seem to get rid of the pink tinge at the top of my photographs lately.

2 comments:

  1. Giggling: I thought the pink tinge was your skyline, when I saw the first picture. I was just thinking what a pretty skyline it was in your locale!
    Why don't you treat yourself to a nice new camera?
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Star, I think I will get a new camera. They are so reasonable compared to just a few years ago. I need to do a little research first though.

    ReplyDelete