Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shaw Communications

Does Shaw care that they have incredibly bad customer service? I switched to Telus in July and promptly returned my cable modem to a business which was on a list I was given. A month later they warned me that I would be charged for it. I found my receipt and tried to call them. After several minutes, I gave up waiting on the phone thinking that they were as unstaffed in customer service as they were with dealing with returns. I figured an employee would get around to registering my returned modem within a few days or weeks.

However I was wrong. Yesterday I got another notice, this time with lots of warnings about destroying my credit rating. This morning I waited 19 minutes on hold listening to Shaw Cable advertising and other repetitive nonsense. When a girl finally answered I gave her my name and address and she asked me to hold. Immediately a voice mail message came on. The message was one that was used for after hours calls. The CSR did not come back on the line.

I finally hung up and am once again waiting - now for over fifteen minutes.

Again, I would like to do something more than just vote with my feet!

By the way, Telus has been good so far. No problems at all - and much better program selection - more reliable and much cheaper. I will keep my fingers crossed, it will continue to be good.

....now over 20 minutes......THIS IS A THURSDAY MORNING BETWEEN 9:30 AND 10:30!!

Finally after about 24 minutes I spoke with Jennifer who confirmed that my modem had been returned and recorded on July 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment