Thursday, May 21, 2009

Flowers from Mother's Day

This rose came from Goldfish, the place where I had Mother's Day Brunch. On our way out, all the mothers in our group received a lovely fresh, long stemmed, velvet lemon rose bud. It stayed fresh for more than a week. Since then, it has slowly turned a burnished gold. I took it out of water a few days ago and didn't have the heart to throw it out. I wonder if it will just dry like this.




Below is the pink azalea I received as a Mothers Day gift. It has come into full bloom in the last few days.
At last it feels like summer might be arriving. It is warm enough again to enjoy my deck. My garden is beginning to grow and I actually picked radishes for the first time for lunch today. It was a good thing that I brought them home to wash as I have rediscovered that little worms like my radish as well. After cutting out all the squiggly parts, there was still enough to enjoy. This is my first time to garden completely organically. I just don't know how much I will enjoy sharing my bounty with other creatures.




No comments:

Post a Comment