Monday, March 16, 2009

Community Garden Plot





Last weekend I was lucky enough to obtain the last plot in our Community Gardens. I now have a 10 x 12 area where I can grow some vegetables this summer just a couple of blocks from where I live. While it is a little too cold and rainy to work in the garden now, I have been having fun looking at on-line gardening catalogues and dreaming and planning. The service club that manages our plots provides tools and hoses as well as additional soil and fertilizer. I can't wait for the weather to improve!

While the weather has kept me indoors a lot more than I would like, I have been able to sort and organize some of the boxes of papers I have accumulated over the years. I always believed that once I retired I would spend time doing research into our family history. However, during the past five years that I have been somewhat retired, I have had no desire to spend my time in archives and libraries. Even on a visit to Salt Lake City a couple of years ago, one morning in the LDS libraries was enough for me. http://search.ldslibrary.com/


There are three or four issues in different branches of our family that are crying out for research. For instance, if I were ever to find myself travelling in either Winnipeg, Manitoba or London, England, I would try to find some time to explore the Hudson Bay archives in Winnipeg and to find the transcripts of the trial that took place in Chancery Court in London in the 1940's. Maybe then I would find some more definative answer on John Hodgson. He seems to be the pivotal person in the quest to find answers about the lost Hudson Bay fortunes.



Descendants of Govornor John Hodgson
Generation No. 1
1. GOVORNOR JOHN1 HODGSON was born 1763, and died 1826. He married UNKNOWN WIFE.
Children of GOVORNOR HODGSON and UNKNOWN WIFE are:
2. i. JAMES R.2 HUDSON, b. 1785, St.Margaret Parish Westminster England; d. 1832, Fort Coulonge Quebec.
ii. ANN HODGSON, b. 1789; d. 1886; m. (1) JOHN DAVIS; m. (2) NICOL FINLAYSON.















No comments:

Post a Comment