Saturday, February 7, 2009

What Kind of Dog Am I







 


My last four days of work went rather well.  My supervisor decided to quit snipping and snarling and on the whole I was left alone to complete the tasks on my plate.  My supervisor returned to the somewhat friendly large poodle with sequins and bows that I had known at the beginning.  Maybe I had just needed to snap back more often to establish an equilibrium in my job but is it not really in my nature to act like that.  And at my age, I don't really want to change, at least not in that way.

About a year and half ago, I took a part time job in an office with five people - three front office and two back office.  It was my job to help the back office with back-logs and to cover for stats, sick days and vacation.   The back office consisted of the large poodle and a lovely cocker spaniel.  The front office had a friendly black lab as the head honcho, his assistant was an aging blue heeler who, although originally a fine dog, had been kicked once too often by horses, and an afghan whose job was to liaise with the outer world.

In the course of time, the black lab and the heeler decided that the afghan was too aloof and a little slow at catching on to exactly what was expected of her, so they shooed her away.  Eventually (a couple of months ago), they found a pit bull to replace the afghan.  This pit bull attacked her job with a vengeance.  Just about the time when the pit bull had run out of targets, the cocker spaniel went off on sick leave, which meant I started working full time.

The pit bull managed to form a pack with the large poodle as an enthusiastic member and the blue heeler tagging along.  This roaming pack soon found me huddled in my corner trying to keep my head down.  Needless to say the attack was successful and I am now home licking my wounds and wondering what kind of dog I am.    



 

No comments:

Post a Comment