Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Conditions at Cypress last night were almost perfect.  The snow was great, the weather good, and the crowds sparse.  With the almost full moon peeking through the clouds from time to time, the skiing couldn't be better.  We are so lucky to have this kind of recreation less than an hour away for most of us in Vancouver.


There is a thing going around the internet with a site where you can find the hit tune on the day you were born.  



The hit song when my father was born 106 years ago was Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home.    He liked popular music and could sing and whistle a lot of tunes but I don't remember that being one.  His favorite I think was "Side by Side".  

I mention this because he was a lot more than a man who rode the rails in the depression.   And, as I am saying this, I am wondering how he would have wanted to be remembered.






No comments:

Post a Comment