Monday, February 16, 2009

I went on my second walk with the Meet-up Group on Sunday.  This time we went from Commercial Avenue westward on the Central Valley Greenway Trail to Science World and on to Granville Island along False Creek. It would be nice to have more path markers and even a few mile posts as we lost the trail a couple of times.  

This is some of our group walking just past Science World near the new Olympic Village.

It was a beautiful sunny day.  (I had had my lunch on my deck in a T-shirt.)  So, I wore jeans and a light jacket.  Unfortunately, as we got near the water, there was a cold wind blowing - I think they call it a sou'wester, and by the time we reached Granville Island, I was frozen to the core. 

After a bite to eat at Granville market, we took the Aqua Bus to Hornby Street and walked another almost two miles to the Stadium Sky Train station.  I certainly logged my 10,000 plus steps yesterday!  

Our next walk starts from Granville Island and continues westward towards Jericho Beach.  If we go a little further, we will have effectively walked Vancouver from its eastern boundary to its western boundary.  


Here is a link to the Greenvalley Trail website:


For some reason, this link is not working.  If you copy the link and paste it in the address field at the top of your screen and remove www.blogger.com, it should come up.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marlene

    Thanks for the link to your blog - nicely done! Your link to the Central Valley Greenway site worked just fine for me, BTW.

    Laura 3:)

    ReplyDelete