Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hello

Hi, 

I am new to this media.  A fairly newly (semi) retired single person, my interests are cross country skiing, bridge, weight loss, cats, reading,  genealogy, travelling, investing and playing Pogo.  This seems like a good place to express my opinions on these and other subjects. 

One of the best books I have read lately, called Three Cups of Tea, is the story of  an elite mountain climber, Greg Mortensen, and his efforts to provide schools for children (mostly girls) in remote villages in Pakistan and Afghanistan.  It is not only well written and moves along well,  but best of all, it leaves  you with a feeling of optimism and hope that the world can change for the better. 

Tomorrow, I am planning on skiing for the first time at the new  cross country facilities   at Whistler.  I hope the weather is good!   Will let you know how that turns out.          

   

No comments:

Post a Comment