Saturday, October 17, 2009

After the Frost


This is my garden on Thanksgiving Day, Monday, October 11th. We had our first frosts on both Saturday and Sunday morning. I picked the last of my green peppers from some very sad plants. Almost everything but the carrots, beets and onions are now finished. The last of my tomatoes are ripening on my kitchen counter. It was a great gardening year - not too many bugs - and great weather. I was expecting more problems growing strictly organically but it was all good. I had way more food that I could eat fresh or give away. Next year I will have to think about preserving some - especially tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini.




The few flowers I planted are still looking good - mainly sweet peas, a small rose bush (shown here) and some volunteer violas.


And these are the last of my ripening everbearing strawberries.



Next year it will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment