Monday, March 29, 2010

Orange Loaf

Yesterday, I tried this recipe from the Food section of last week's Vancouver Sun. It is very tasty.

While I used the same ingredients, I followed my usual loaf routine, to make this.

I grated the zest from an orange and then squeezed the juice.

The zest went into the sugar which was then creamed with the butter. I then broke the eggs into the creamed mixture and combined them well. (Next time I will use an electric mixer.) I then added the water and the juice.

In a separate bowl, I sifted the flour, baking powder and salt. I then combined the wet and dry ingredients and mixed them well before filling the loaf pan. This went into a 350 degree oven for one hour.

The nice thing about this recipe is that you often have all of the ingredients on hand.

The Orange cookies might be worth a try one day. I just wonder what parts of the orange are used.

http://digital.vancouversun.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment