Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 35 - Atlantic City


We are in the land of Monopoly - we are even staying on Boardwalk - at the Taj Mahal Hotel built by Donald Trump.   I wonder if Atlantic City was a gambling mecca when the game was created.   And, when did comps become a part of the culture.   In the Monopoly I remember, you can only rent or own. 

My philosophy of quitting while ahead forced me to stop playing the slots after about two hours but I like the beach more than I do gambling.

Boardwalk at Taj Mahal Hotel
The weather has warmed up and the boardwalk is nice.   The ocean is still a bit cold for my taste although others are swimming.   My legs were not quite numb just from walking in the waves.




The nicest part of Atlantic City was that they take care of their stray cats.   Many cats sit on the wood structure under the boardwalk and sleep or watch the world go by during the day.   The volunteer society that administers the cat program attempts to spay and neuter them and feeds them each day.








No comments:

Post a Comment