Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Bucket List


When I created a bucket list last winter, one of the top items was to see Canada from sea to sea to sea.  This will have to be done in stages - west to east first.   With a little luck, I should be on the road on May 1st.

The third 'sea' will be a challenge that will need a lot of planning.  I don't really want to see the Arctic Ocean as I have flown over it and it appears to be inhospitable, at best.  I do, however, want to experience more of northern Canada.  This includes James Bay and Hudson Bay as well as Yellowknife, Dawson City and Whitehorse.

I know I could take the Polar Bear Express to Moosinee on James Bay from Cochrane Ontario and I could probably fly from there to Churchhill on Hudson's Bay and then find my way to Winnipeg.

The last portion of this fantasy would involve taking a ferry to Skagway, Alaska, and the White Pass & Yukon Train to Whitehorse.   Then I would need to find someone who wanted their motor home eventually driven back down to Vancouver to complete this adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment